- Your father fell in the Sealed Section of the Old Quarter, fighting. You’d like to have his hammer.
- When you were a novice, they watched you for signs of your crazy uncle’s heresy. Prove your faith.
- Your sister became a pagan. Win her heart and mind back to the faith of the Builder.
- Your mentor saw what was in the secret chambers of Southchurch, then disappeared. What’s there?
- Strange dreams of Cragscleft Prison haunt you. Something was forged there, it calls to you.
- Looters search the Sealed Section for the Lost Library, and its heretical texts. Find it first, burn it.
- The Architect has a future in mind for you, and if you prove yourself, he will elevate you.
- Your family once maintained a chapel near Stonemarket. Use wealth and influence to revitalize it.
- A noble seduced and shamed you as a young teen, your family gave you to Hammers. Get revenge.
- A senior Mason is having a dalliance with a pagan. Prove it, cleanse the Hierarchy of that filth.
Mechanists (Shamed but not gone!)
- Veldan sketched a temple schematic revealing the Builder’s face. The plans were lost. Find them.
- Your mother was publically tortured and shamed for her forward thinking. Punish the Hammers.
- Use technology and wealth to install yourself among the rich and noble of the city. Get Peerage.
- You were told your child was stillborn. Now you hear rumors it may live in a machine. Find the truth.
- It is time to put machines into elements, not just elements into machines. Make a cyber-elemental.
- Your plans for a flame-thrower are nearly finished. With more funding, you can go to prototype.
- Provoke the youth of Hammerite fundamentalist families to convert to the Mechanist cause.
- You will be revered in history if you can build the first battle tank and prove its usefulness.
- You dream of curating a museum of voices, capturing the famous and wise for future hearing.
- You want to sell your family’s collection of oil paintings and collect metallic mechanistic art.
- Hammers crushed your father’s hands and feet because of his beliefs. Put a stop to that practice.
- Your mother chose the woods over prostitution in alleys. Take the wealth that should have been hers.
- You had a vision of the wealth of green where the City now stands. Make it green again.
- You have a connection with monsters of the woods. Manage the urban population of monsters too.
- Civilization, with its money, wars, buildings, sewers, and oppression, has got to be ended. Revert all!
- You taste the storm on the wind; when civilization falls, you want to be ready to survive in the woods.
- One bad winter, you fell to cannibalism in the back alleys. Only the pagans accept you now. Get fed.
- Your role is to play the unobtrusive peddler or beggar, and keep an eye on the City for the clan.
- The Great Library of Felldur represents all that is wrong with civilization. Burn that thing down.
- You will know that the Woodsie Lord has accepted you when you mutate into a forest creature.