- Third in line, you’ll inherit nothing unless something happens to the two in front of you. See to it.
- Your family used to host the Winterfast Ball, now it’s the Scroppindur family. Get the honor back.
- Grandma dabbled in fortune telling, the Hammers took your family estates. Regain control of them.
- Professors at the Seminary get all the hot student tail. Become a professor and get some of that.
- Marry and poison your way to wealth and security!
- Your father paid for a Mason position with the Hammers fair and square, and didn’t get it. You try.
- Lord Voscallian has five children in your age range. Seduce all of them, then tell him. Pompous jerk.
- You should be named Steward of Stonemarket, like your great-grandfather was.
- Your mother killed six duelists defending the family honor. You can surely do better than that!
- Your tattered estate makes you look as broke as you are. Rehabilitate it, and your family fortunes.
- You’ve been assigned to a quarter notorious for corruption. Stay pure and clean it up.
- You’ve been assigned to a quarter famous for integrity. Corrupt it and make some cash.
- The Gutstabber is killing about two victims a week. Catch the wily murderer.
- The Captain of your quarter is intoxicated by a pagan witch. Free the poor man before it is found out.
- Your family of guardsmen never did solve the mystery of the missing Hackleford Pearls. You will.
- At the orphanage, they said there were no monsters. Find one, kill it, and display it in your home.
- They say it takes at least 5 years to make captain. Do it in 3.
- Get noticed by nobles and hired on to a house’s private security; better money, prestige, comfort, etc.
- Your niece is in Pavelock for a murder she didn’t commit. Now you’re positioned to get her out.
- You want to be locally famous as a tough guy who can beat the hell out of bad guys. Get busy.
- The Book of Massian may have the secret to incorruptible glyphs; no need to recopy. Find it!
- There is rumor of a city below this city, buried in ancient sands by a long-ago catastrophe. Is it true?
- You think some of your fellows are in league with the Hammers. Can you prove it?
- Somehow you think you can find the source of the corruption in the Sealed Section and cleanse it.
- You will invent a new glyph, one never before seen, when you grasp the fundamentals in a new way.
- Your aunt is an Enforcer. You want her back, the way she was. Can it be reversed? Can you find her?
- Figure out why you’ve had such terrible dreams about the Hammerite statue in Southchurch.
- You suspect Lord Nissandi has discovered the existence of Keepers and is killing them. Find out.
- Tree monster essence may have the secret to immortality. Distill it, experiment, use it for the Balance.
- One of your fellows is addicted to murdering unfortunates in the slums. Figure out who, stop it.
- The Sladewell family fired your aged dad. He died in an alley after a lifetime of service. Punish them.
- A goldsmith in the Sealed Quarter supposedly got a shipment of ingots right before the disaster…
- You were an orphan in a pickpocketing gang. Years later, find the old man who ran it and kill him.
- You are the bastard child of Lord Fillwhey. If you can prove it you’ll never be hungry again.
- Pull a confidence game to pretend to be a noble so you can marry into wealth and comfort.
- Hammers casually killed your child for pickpocketing. Time to casually kill Hammers for being cruel.
- You dream of having your own little shop and being a fence for stolen goods.
- Surely you can get a University education, studying and paying for it with crime. Why not?
- You want a leather suit and leather gear all made from burrick hide. That would be the fanciest!
- Someday you hope to have a spider farm, extracting their venom and selling it to the guilds.