According to WordPress, here are the top 10 downloads from my blog. Numbers are as of 2/20/13. I have been blogging since July 4, 2011.
- Fictive’s Talents and Templates (2012 Edition) (555) Posted 12/25/11
- My massive foray into taking full advantage of the framework Old School Hack offered.
- It’s hopelessly out of date for what I’m doing now, and there are a lot of refinements it needs, but the enthusiasm shows through. I plan to take this down when I finish the Breathing World book.
- As far as I know, this has never been reviewed.
- The Road to Baffram (319) Posted 8/31/11
- The first scenario ever written for Old School Hack!
- It is modular, so you can use the pieces in any order you want or even independently. Each map/encounter fits on one page, and there are full-page maps at the back.
- World Between for Fictive Hack (316) Posted November 15, 2012
- Combines Jack Shear’s World Between with Kirin Robinson’s Old School Hack, both profoundly altered by my own creative take on the subject. Free .pdf, hardback and paperback available for sale. I am super proud of this. I did the cover art and some interior art. Kirin Robinson contributed interior art, Kristy Shields collaborated on the cartography, and I even got forewords from Jack and Kirin.
- Random Adventure Generator (by OFTHEHILLPEOPLE) (303) Posted July 13, 2012
- How is this for humbling? Someone on a forum asks if they can get a host and some editing/formatting for a document, I agree, and it’s 4th most popular on my blog.
- Old School Hack Monsters (271) Posted September 5, 2011
- Early fumbling at monsters, but I needed something to work with. Apparently I’m not the only one.
- Now I’ve got my monster builder, in the “World Between for Fictive Hack” book. Also demon builder, beastman builder, etc. etc. I even put in a bunch of sample warbands for plug-and-play use. So, I’m past needing this now. For those still playing the original, it may help.
- Fictive Hack of Old School Hack (269) Posted August 1, 2012
- This was on my 1 year anniversary of discovering OSH.
- I wanted to show that Fictive Hack is not so much more complicated than Old School Hack; I can share roughly the same game in roughly the same pagecount. Of course, mine is built to my taste. It needs some updating, but it’s alright.
- Fictive’s Portable Pantheon (255) Posted March 5, 2012
- Oh, I’m proud of this one. A unique take on fantasy religion, complete with a pantheon of gods and an epochal history. I have used it quite a lot, and the updated version will be in my Breathing World book; then I’ll likely pull the talents out and make a generic resource out of what the book is now.
- Lopelia Alchemal Fortress Ruin (253) Posted October 2, 2011
- Another scenario makes an appearance! That warms my heart. This was the first scenario I built using the Dungeonmorph Dice fonts and geomorphs.
- The Tireless Archer (233) Posted September 26, 2011
- I wanted to demonstrate that Old School Hack could serve quite well for a dungeon adventure, especially one built for it. Free of the maps of others, I tackled the project of making something “awesome” that fit right in with Old School Hack. Dude! Goblin army led by a crippled elf woman! An elf with a dirigible allied with winged baboons! Poison beaked crows! Frost giant with a magic axe! Carnivorous snow apes! Come ON! Custom OSH style maps, too.
- Old School Hack Monsters (188) (Barsoomcore did this.) Posted October 2011
Rulebooks, scenarios, linked resources, and monsters. That’s the most popular material on my blog.
Hm. I wouldn’t have it any other way.