I’m working on my next itiration of Crumbling Epoch. After doing some playtesting, I’ve got some new ideas. Here are a couple that I’m messing with.
- Use a d12 to hit instead of a d20. 8+ is a hit.
- You can use your combat ability as a bonus to hit, or a penalty to be hit, in any combination. Combat ability is equal to class level for most classes except poor fighters like wizards.
- ASCENDING AC: Your “armor class” is a pool of damage reduction points you have available each round.
- DESCENDING AC: Your “armor class” represents the most damage you can take from a single hit (that is affected by armor; some magic, and falling, and drowning etc. are not affected.)
- TYPE AC: Your kind of armor is the size die you roll to reduce damage when you’re hit, +1 die size for a shield. Leather 1, Leather + 1d4, chainmail 1d6, chain + 1d8, plate 1d10. Whatever you roll is reduced from the incoming attack.